Innovative Solutions to Minimize Phosphorus Losses from Agriculture
2023 Annual Meeting (In-person)
November 1 (5-8pm) & November 2 (8am-1pm)
St. Louis, MO
Standard Registration, $200 – Register here
Graduate Student Registration, $100 – Register here
- The Southern Extension and Research Activity (SERA)-17
- An Information Exchange Group (IEG) administered through the Southern Region Land Grant Universities
- Composed of research scientists, policy makers, extension personnel, and educators
To develop and promote innovative solutions to minimize phosphorus losses from agriculture by supporting:
- Information exchange between research, extension, and regulatory communities
- Recommendations for phosphorus management and research
- Initiatives that address phosphorus loss in agriculture
- SERA-17 Reauthorization for 2018-2023
- Develop an interdisciplinary approach to identify P sensitive watersheds and water bodies.
- Expand and improve upon the Phosphorus Index site assessment tool.
- Develop best management practices (BMPs) to reduce agricultural P losses to surface waters by erosion and runoff (surface and subsurface).
- Develop an animal manure application strategy based on both P and N.
- Develop upper, environmentally-based, critical limits for soil test P and new soil testing methods that can more accurately identify sites where P loss will be of significant environmental concern.